Thursday, December 20, 2012

Happiness


Good morning!

What happiness is, the Bible alone shows clearly and certainly, and points out the way that leads to the attainment of it --- "In Cicero and Plato, and other such writers," says Augustine, "I meet with many things acutely said, and things that excite a certain warmth of emotions, but in none of them do I find these words, 'Come unto me, all ye that labor, and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.'" --- Coleridge

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and "you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-29).

A hymn to be read or sung aloud, and offered to God in worship: CAST YOUR BURDENS ON THE LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment