Friday, March 15, 2013

Knowledge


Good afternoon!

The Christian is strong or weak depending upon how closely he has cultivated the knowledge of God. ---- A. W. Tozer

For I desire steadfast love, and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. (Hosea 6:6; 4:6).

And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the LORD (Hosea 2:19-20). 

And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and teach his brother, saying , 'Know the LORD,' for they shall know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:34). 

See also Ephesians 1:15-23.

A hymn to read, sing, hum or whistle to the glory of God: God is Known among His People; From Psalm 76. (No. 66 in the Trinity Hymnal

No comments:

Post a Comment