Monday, May 20, 2013

Obedience


When Christ takes the burden of guilt off a sinner's shoulders He places the yoke of obedience upon his neck. ---- Anonymous

Justification supplies the only efficient motive to obedience. ---- Ernest F. Kevan

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 1:5).

....God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them.... (II Corinthians 5:19). 

Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all Thy commandments. I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies. Therefore I esteem all Thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way. (Psalms 119: 6, 59, 128). 

And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statues, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them (Ezekiel 36:27). 

A hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle to the glory of God: Trust and Obey. 
When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word, what a glory He sheds on our way....

No comments:

Post a Comment