Thursday, January 9, 2014

SIN

There is the seed of all sins --- of the vilest and worst of sins --- in the best of men. ---- Thomas Brooks

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. (Psalm 51:4-5)

A hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle to the glory of God: From Depths of Woe I Raise to Thee(Martin Luther, from Psalm 130).





-Just a thought (no pun intended): if you do not have a hymnal at home, I would encourage you to purchase a Trinity Hymnal from Christian Education and Publications, 1700 North Brown Road, Suite 102, Lawrenceville, GA 30043-8143, Tel. 678-825-1100.  It is from this excellent hymnal that I select  the hymns recommended in the daily 'Thoughts'.   Paul Settle

No comments:

Post a Comment