Thursday, January 31, 2013

Grace



Good afternoon!
 
Grace is something more than 'unmerited favor' ... grace is favor shown where there is positive demerit in the one receiving it. Anonymous.
 
But whatever gain I had I counted as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that come from the law, but that which comes thourgh faith in Christ, the righeousness from God that depends on faith (Philippians 3:2-9).
 
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them(Ephesians 2:8-10).

No comments:

Post a Comment