Thursday, February 6, 2014

JOY UNDER DURESS

Take a saint, and put him into any condition, and he knows how to rejoice in the Lord. ---- Walter Craddock

For the sake of Christ, then, "I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong (II Corinthians 12:10)

 ...for you received the word in much affliction, with the joy of the Holy Spirit, so that you became an example to all the believers... (I Thessalonians 1:6).

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds; for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness (James 1:6).

But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when His glory is revealed (I Peter 4:13).
 


A hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle, to the glory of God: Be Still My Soul, (Katherina von Schlegel, 1752).

No comments:

Post a Comment