Friday, May 9, 2014

PRAYER

Prayer is the very life-breath of true Christianity. ---- J. C. Ryle

On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us (Psalm 62:7-8).

Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full (John 16:23-24).

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7).


A hymn to read, sing, play, hum, or whistle, to the glory of God: Come, my Soul, Thy Suit Prepare.(John Newton, 1779.)

No comments:

Post a Comment