Thursday, April 18, 2013

No Little Things



Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things --- a chance word, a tap on the shoulder, or a penny dropped on a newstand --- I am tempted to think...there are no little things. Bruce Barton. 

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and You are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all. In Your hand are power and might, and in Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we Thank You, our God, and praise Your glorious name. But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly. For all things come from You, and of Your own have we given You.  (I Chronicles 29:12-14).

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God (I Corinthians 10:13).

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him (Colossians 3:17). 

...in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To Him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen (I Peter 4:1).   

A hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle to the glory of the God of all things, big or little: FATHER, I KNOW THAT ALL MY LIFE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment