Wednesday, April 3, 2013

True and False Religion



There are but two religions --- Christianity and paganism, the worship of God and idolatry. A third between them is not possible. Where idolatry ends, there Christianity begins; and where idolatry begins, there Christianity ends. Friedrich Jacobi.

....your faith in God has gone forth everywhere...how you turned from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come (I Thessalonians 1:8-10). 

A hymn to read, sing, hum or whistle to the glory of the God who is: I Greet Thee, Who My Sure Redeemer Art. 


I greet Thee, who my sure Redeemer art,
My only Trust and Savior of my heart,
Who pain didst undergo for my poor sake;
I pray Thee, from our hearts all cares to take.

Thou art the King of mercy and of grace,
Reigning omnipotent in every place;
So come, O King, and our whole being sway;
Shine on us with the light of Thy pure day.

Thou art the life by which alone we live
And all our substance and our strength receive;
Sustain us by Thy faith and by Thy pow’r,
And give us strength in ev’ry trying hour.

Our hope is in no other save in Thee;
Our faith is built upon Thy promise free;
Lord, give us peace and make us calm and sure,
That in Thy strength we evermore endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment