Monday, April 29, 2013

The Christian and the Law



If we make God's will our law, then God's promise shall be our support and comfort, and we shall find every burden light, and every duty a joy. ---- Tryon Edwards. 

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30). 

Is the law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the law (Galatians 3:21-22). 

But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people" (Jeremiah 31:33-34). 

A hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle to the glory of God: ALL FOR JESUS.  

No comments:

Post a Comment