Monday, August 19, 2013

ALIVE

All that I was, my sin, my guilt,
   My death, was all my own;
All that I am I owe to Thee,
   My gracious God, alone. ---- Horatio Bonar
 
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked...and were by nature the children of wrath....  But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ ---- by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast (Ephesians 2:1, 3, 5, 8-9).
 
For you are a people holy to the LORD our God. The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His treasured possession...  It was not because you were more in number than any other people that the LORD set His love on you and chose you, for you were the fewest of all peoples, but it is because the LORD loves you and is keeping the oath that He swore to your father... (Deuteronomy 9:6-8a).

No comments:

Post a Comment