Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Communion with God


As the children of Israel's ultimate goal was not the land,  but communion with God in the land, so the Christian's ultimate goal is not heaven, but communion with heaven's God. ---- pgs
After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Fear not, Abram, I am your shield, your very great reward... I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant...to be God to you, and the God of your seed after you. I am the LORD who brought you out from Ur...to give you this land to possess (Genesis 15:1, 7).
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth...And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God...and I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God (Revelation 21:1-3).
A hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle, to the glory of God: Jerusalem the Golden -


--- "O sweet and blessed country, the home of God's elect! O sweet and blessed country that eager hearts expect! Jesus, in mercy bring us to that dear land of rest; who are, with God the Father and Spirit, ever blest (fourth stanza)."

No comments:

Post a Comment