Monday, June 17, 2013

Distresses


When you get in trouble for righteousness, God doesn't send somebody, He shows up Himself. ---- Anonymous
 
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you (I Peter 4:12-14).
 

A hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle to the glory of God: GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, JEHOVAH. 


Give thanks unto the Lord, Jehovah. In a large place the Lord has set me; in my distress He heard my cry. I will not fear; the Lord is with me ---- what can man do, when God is nigh? The Lord is chief among my helpers; and I shall see my foes o'er-thrown:  far better than in man or princes, my trust I place in God alone (second stanza). From Psalm 118:1-9, 17-25. Strasbourg Psalter, 1545.

No comments:

Post a Comment