Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Name


To "know the name of the LORD" is to lay aside every false opinion and to know Him from His Word, which is His true image, and next from His works. We must not imagine God from the fancy of man, but must comprehend Him as He declares Himself to be. ---- John Calvin

Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I. How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news...who say to Zion, "your God reigns!" (Isaiah 52:6-7).

"Isaiah envisages a day when faith will pass into sight and the Victor Himself will be seen face to face" (Alec Motyer).

....then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part, then I shall know even as I am fully known (I Corinthians 13:12).

No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and His servants will see Him. They will see His face, and HIs name will be on their foreheads(Revelation 22:3-4).

A hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle, to the glory of God: The God of Abraham Praise. 


 "The God of Abraham praise, who reigns enthroned above, Ancient of everlasting days and God of love. Jehovah! Great I AM! by earth and heaven confessed; I bow and bless the sacred name, for ever blest." Thomas Olivers, 1770

No comments:

Post a Comment