Thursday, July 4, 2013

Christ and the Law


Christ and the Law. Jesus Christ is both the most absolute grace and the most perfect law; so that to believe in Him is to embrace at once both law and grace. ---- Alexander Vinet
 
If you love me, you will keep my commandments (John 14:15).
 
Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him (John 14:-21).
 
A hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle, to the glory of God:  Most Perfect Is the Will of God. "Most perfect is the law of God, restoring those that stray; his testimony is most sure, proclaiming wisdom's way.  The precepts of the Lord are right; with joy they fill the heart, the Lord's commandments all are pure, and clearest light impart. O how love I thy law! O how love I they law! it is my meditation all the day." ---- The Psalter, 1912.

No comments:

Post a Comment