Monday, July 8, 2013

Hospitality


Hospitality is threefold: for one's family, this is of necessity; for strangers, this of courtesy; for the poor, this is charity. Thomas Fuller
 
Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.... (I Peter 4:9).
 
Beloved, it is a faithful thing you do in all your efforts for these brothers, strangers as they are, who testified to your love before the church. You will do well to send them on their journey  in a manner worthy of God (III John 3:5-6a).
 
Then the King will say to those on His right, come you who are blessed by my Father...for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me. As you did it to one of the least o these my brothers, you did it unto me.'  (Matthew 25:34-36, 40).
 
A hymn to read, sing, hum or whistle, to the glory of God: What Kind of Man Can Live in the World. Jonathan Barnes, 1973.

No comments:

Post a Comment