Monday, July 29, 2013

WHOLLY


WHOLLY THE LORD'S
 
My whole though broken heart, O Lord
   From henceforth shall be Thine;
And here I do my vow record ---
   This hand, these words are mine;
All that I have, without reserve,
   I offer here to Thee;
Thy will and honor all shall serve
   That Thou bestow'st on me.
 
All that I save I lose;
   All that I lose I save;
The treasures of Thy love I choose,
   And Thou art all I crave.
My God, Thou hast my heart and hand;
   I all to Thee resign;
I'll ever to this covenant stand,
   Though flesh hereat repine.
 
I know that Thou wast willing first,
   And then drew my consent;
Having thus loved me at the worst
   Thou wilt not now repent.
Now I have quit all self-pretense,
   Take care of what's Thine own;
My life, my health, and my defense,
   Now lie on Thee alone. ---- Richard Baxter.
 
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain (Philippians 1:21).
 
Whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord (Romans 14:8). 
 
A Hymn to read, sing, hum, or whistle, to the glory of God: Christ of All My Hopes the Ground, Ralph Wardlaw, 1817.

No comments:

Post a Comment